Thursday, June 7, 2012

Stream of Conciousness

Have you ever licked an ice cream cone while staring a monkey in the eye, wondering what would happen if you invented your own sock brand for kittens?

Neither have I.

Anyway, I am completely devoid of any good blog post ideas right now. So, like James Joyce, I have decided to release my stream of consciousness upon this medium. Or, simply put, I'll be making this post up as I go along. That means no editing, or no changing ideas. I'm just going from one thought to the next. I did this with another blog once. It's a good creative writing exercise when you are totally stuck for ideas.

Luckily, I'm not really short of ideas right now, at least on the novel-writing side. I have been working on the outline and setting for my fantasy novel for the past month, and the former is almost finished! Huzzah, hurray, and happiness abound! I hope to start writing the book soon. To be perfectly honest with you I'm tired of outlining. I've always found it a tedious process, but having written my first novel with out an outline, I realized that I do need the accursed things. Maybe, if you guys are interested, I will post experts from my novel as I am writing it. Does that sound okay to you?

Oh, one thing about free-writing is that whenever you get stuck, you write "I'm stuck, I'm stuck" over and over again until an idea pops in your head. That's about to happen to me write now.
I'm stuck, I'm stuck, I'm stuck, I'm stuck

AH! Forks! I was just thinking about forks the other day. I realized that if you bent off the first three prongs, you would have a single prong with which you could stab your enemies. I know that I don't really have enemies at the moment, but I think the single pronged fork would make an excellent weapon. Nobody expects to be stabbed by a fork, which makes it the ultimate stealth weapon.

ME: I'm just eating with my fork!

ENEMY: Why does it have one prong?

ME: TOO LATE I KILLED YOU.

ENEMY: I AM DEAD.

See? Genius.
I'm stuck, I'm stuck, I'm stuck, I'm stuck, I'm stuck, I'm stuck, I'm stuck, I'm stuck,

I'm thinking about clocks now. I don't know why. Now I'm thinking about rainbows. Now I am thinking of double rainbows. Now I am thinking about triple rainbows.

Oh my goodness, a triple rainbow. I think all of our minds would be blown at that point. What would the song be like? Would it be like

Triple rainbow, triple rainbow
going through the sky
blowing peoples' minds as it goes by
the rain has left a gift to us
a gift we all can see
let the triple rainbow inspire you and me


Hmm ... I dunno. It could have potential.

So I crochet a bit. Haven't been doing it a whole lot lately, since I have been focusing on writing instead.  I'm stuck, I'm stuck . . . I want to crochet a pokemon doll so bad! I'm having trouble understanding the pattern though. I'll try it again soon. Wouldn't it be cool to have a crocheted jigglypuff? Man, that would be so cool. My enemies would be so scared of me. I'll have to crochet a pokeball to go with it. I bet a pokeball wouldn't be too hard to make.

Clouds. . . BUNNIES! Ha, pickles. What is a "yulga"? It just popped into my head. I really like words with the letter "y" in them. . . I have a character named Rylu in a trilogy I'm planning. What do you think of it? It's a boy's name. Does it sound like a boy's name? Rylu is kind of hunky, so even if he was named Magenta I think he could pull it off. He's blond, yet I like him. I don't usually go for blonds. Except Niall of One Direction. I would marry that boy if I could.

Speaking of weddings, I want my wedding dress to be white. Sounds good, right? I don't want to to be red or black or anything. I think white just looks better. Although I am pale as a ghost myself, so that would probably make me look bad . . . like a ghost.

Ha ha. Oh my gosh, is there anything creepier than a bride ghost?

Wait, there is. A psychopath. I don't think there is anything scarier than a mentally competent psychopath. Out of everything in the world, a smart, psychopathic human scares me the most. I have one in another novel series I am planning . . . I need to write more.

Chicken . . . rhubarb . . . salad.  . . cotton . . . table

I'm stuck, I'm stuck, I'm stuck ...

I wonder what purple smells like. It looks like a color that would have a good smell. Also, I must add, that odors are created by a special organic compound called a "ester". So yes, I smell good by nature. You are all jealous of my 100 percent in chemistry, I'm sure. Bow before me.

Explosives kind of make me excited. When things go boom, I scream really loudly, but I am still enjoying myself. Unless I was blown up. That would stink.

Speaking of being blown up, I love flossing my teeth.

And roller coasters. I want to go to a theme park soon so I can ride some. Of course, I need a roller coaster buddy. Those always make it more fun. But what if I slam into my buddy? See, my body doesn't respond well to g-force. In the presence of g-force, I am a rag doll. I guess I don't have a very strong spine. All the better to ride roller coasters, yes?

I'm stuck, I'm stuck, I'm stuck

I'm stuck,
like a truck in the muck.
Give me a chance
and I will teach you to dance

drive across the flower petals
give me a sign

and I will sing a song across the fields of time
I'm thinking about goats now.

---

Okay! So that was a little look into how my mind works! Hope you enjoyed this somewhat random post. As you can see, I'm fond of songs, food, and writing.

I think that song about the rainbow could be a best seller. Just sayin'.

Don't ever get stuck,

Esther

7 comments:

  1. I really love your random stream of though posts, Esther! You should do them more often. Your rainbow song is great, and will likely get stuck in my head. I might even sing it while I'm at work. We need to go to a theme park together! I'm pretty good at holding you up when you are being a rag doll. I would make this post longer, but people at work are probably wondering where I'm at
    ...

    Hugs and Yams,
    Zachary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Z,

      Ha, really? Thanks. I didn't even give it a tune. How could it be stuck in your head? That would be a lot of fun. I know, I'm pathetic.

      E

      Delete
  2. Esther,

    For someone with no ideas, you can write a very long post. I love it! A triple rainbow would be freaking awesome. =) No way! You got 100% in Chemistry? So did I!! Way to go!! Fabulous post, once again. =)

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah,

      Well, thanks! I know, wouldn't it? It would be the next great meme. Oh wow! That's amazing! I actually loved chemistry. Did you?

      Esther

      Delete
    2. Esther,

      Well, I didn't love it, but I did enjoy doing well in the class. =) I prefer History and English, but it was still a good class.

      Hannah

      Delete