Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summertime!

Well, I have a little bit of sad news to share with you...Esther will not have internet service until Friday, which means that she will not be posting until Friday or Saturday, unless she can find internet somewhere else - which isn't likely. Let's give her a big welcome back when she returns, shall we??

Summertime: the beach. Friends. Sleeping in. Pool parties. Backyard barbecues. Sunburn. Volleyball. Soccer parties. Lemonade. Flip-flops. Sunglasses. Late nights. Endless hours of reading. Sleep-overs. Open houses. Crazy youth group events. Watermelon. I could go on and on. It seems like the day that everyone waits for is the day that school is out and summer begins. Now don't get me wrong, I love summer just as much as everyone else. In fact, it's my favorite season. Sometimes I think that we have it just a bit wrong though. For many, summer is a time to throw off rules, hang with friends, and be away from home as much as possible. I know many people like this. It is a time for freedom. Now freedom is a wonderful thing, but it can be taken to an extreme. Freedom is a gift.

"Live as people who are free,
not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil,
but living as servants of God."
~ 1 Peter 2:16 (ESV)

Our freedom is not given to us so that we can abuse it, but so that we can glorify God through it. I challenge you to use your summer of freedom not for yourselves this year, but for God's glory. Think up some creative ways to use your summer to further His Kingdom. If you would like to do so, please share your ideas in the comment box. I would love to hear them, and I'm sure that others would love to as well! Happy thinking! Let me just close this decidedly short post with a few of my favorite summer pics:










I love my new flip-flops from The Gap. =)

New sunglasses from Charming Charlie
Charming Charlie is an adorable boutique. You should go if you can find one near you!


I love pictures of clouds. 


This lemonade is amazing. Unfortunately, I have only found it in Texas...

Awesome bottle lids make me smile =)
Well, I'm off to an open house...I hope that your summer is super fabulous!

Blessings, 
Hannah


2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures, Hannah. :)

    By the way, I found that lemonade today at a gas station in Bloomington! It was the first time I've seen it, what a coincidence! I had the black cherry kind, it was pretty good, but super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks! =)

    That is so funny! I don't really like artificial cherry flavor..so I generally just shy away from it lol. The strawberry lemonade is super yummy, and has just the right amount of sweetness!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete