Tuesday, June 5, 2012

College Visit!!

Well, while I had the honor of posting the 25th post (Whoohoo!), Esther had the privilege to write the first post which reached 100 views! *clap! clap!* Super exciting! I'm so glad that you are all here - cheesy, I know, but very true. =)

So, today I was able to visit Southwestern Assemblies of God University in Waxahachie, TX. I was super excited to be able to do so!! It is an amazing college, and I am seriously considering attending there (only one more year!)They have an amazing staff and I am privileged to be working with a fabulous admissions counselor - seriously, she is awesome! I don't have a long post for today, but I just wanted to share a bit of info and a few pictures with you. If you want a solid Christian education, and don't mind the heat, you should check it out.

The Sheaffer Full Life Center
This is like the hub of campus. In it is the gym, the auditorium, admissions offices, cafeteria, and some class departments.
The Main Entrance
This is the main entrance off of Sycamore. I found the scene to be quite beautiful.
My lovely Grandmother and I
I took my Grandma with me to visit the college. We both had a fabulous time!

The Admin Building/Performing Arts

This is the oldest building on campus. It is used for some admin stuff, but mainly for the performing arts performances and classes. My apologies for the construction in the picture. They are building a World Communications Center next to it, and it ended up in my way. =/



Garrison Wellness Center
This place is awesome. Think indoor running loop, Olympic-size pool, sauna, hot tub, basketball court, racket-ball courts, weight lifting area, cardio area, and a cycling room. It's great!

Teeter Hall
This is one of the dorms..they are really, really nice inside. Another awesome things is that they are very integrated. There is not upperclassman/underclassman separation or separation by major - just guys on one side of the dorms and girls on the other.

Sorry that there aren't more pictures! It is an awesome place and you should check it out. =)

Blessings,
Hannah

9 comments:

  1. Haha... Well Hannah you've found one way to make me happy. Stick some pictures of buildings in front of me and I'll be entertained for hours.

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daniel,

      Is that sarcasm or genuine interest that I hear?

      Hannah

      Delete
    2. If everything goes to plan I will look at, dream of, draw, eat, and love buildings for a living. (Heh. Plan. I make it sound like I know what I'm doing.) And if I do use sarcasm you'll know. In part because it will ooz out of your USB ports, grab you by your ankle, and try to pull you into the abyss. Or not. I can't always get the right viscosity.

      Delete
  2. Daniel.. *Smack* :D

    Hannah, Daniel is interested in architecture. :) I believe he is actually going to college for it.

    This really looks like a fantastic school, and It seems it would suit you quite well!

    I'm glad you are still having a good time in Texas.

    Zach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zach,

      Hahaha thank you for that. =)

      Oh okay. I'm glad to hear that the interest was genuine. I may never please him again (not that I really care to try to do so), but I am glad that I can satisfy a reader at least once.

      It is an awesome school, and I am really considering and praying about going there! =)

      Hannah

      Delete
    2. Hannah,

      Yeah, please, don't try to please anyone in particular! Just write what you want. You being you has pleased me and a whole lot of readers so far.

      The college seems perfect for you.

      Esther

      Delete
  3. I second what Esther said. I really enjoy your blog entries, and I shall continue reading them as long as you write them! So please, be yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zach and Esther,

      Thank you both so much. When I said what I did, I certainly did not mean to say that I planned to not be myself. It just makes me happy when my readers are happy. =) I have no plans whatsoever to change me blog posts. Being me is the best thing that I could ever be. I do realize this and certainly plan to continue this way. Again, thank you both. I will certainly be myself!

      Hannah

      Delete