Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Necessity of Wisdom

Greetings from Texas! The weather here is fabulously delightful (and quite warm!), and it makes me extremely happy. =) Let me fill you in a bit about the last few days of my life...I have been to a farmer's market, shopping multiple times, out to eat (my family in Texas likes to eat out fairly often), watching lots of movies, baking a peach cobbler, and reading. I am so excited to finallly be able to have the time to sit down with my book for hours at a time! It has been way too long! I hope that your summer vacation is going as well as mine is!

Something that I value very much is wisdom. Wisdom is not the same thing as knowledge, in fact they are very different things. Knowledge is about what you know; wisdom is about taking what you know and applying it in the path of truth. This is not by any means a complete explanation, but it is a bit of a description of what I value. Life is hard, if you know what I mean. It is filled with hope, joy, and dreams, but also with pain and sorrows. Without wisdom, I never would have made it this far in life. Wisdom must be sought for, and it is a gift. I want to encourage each of you to seek wisdom.

"For the Lord gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding."
~ Proverbs 2:6

"Blessed is the one who finds wisdom,
and the one who gets understanding,
for the gain from her is better than gain from silver
and her profit better than gold."
~ Proverbs 2:13-14

"Des not wisdom call?
Does not understanding raise her voice?
On the heights beside the way,
at the crossroads she takes her stand;
beside the gate in front of the town,
at the entrance of the portals she cries aloud:
'To you, O men, I call,
and my cry is to the children of man,
O simple ones, learn prudence;
O fools, learn sense.
Hear, for I will speak noble things,
and from my lips will come what is rigth,
for my mouth will utter truth;
wickedness is an abomination to my lips.'"
~ Proverbs 8:1-7

How is that for some serious words? I think that these words are abolutely amazing. I think that it is so awesome to be able to read these words. These words are lifegiving. So many people go through life relying on their own knowledge, believing that it is enough to carry them through. If we believe that we can go through this life completely on our own power, I think that we will find that we are sorely mistaken. Wisdom is essential to life. I encourage you to seek wisdom with your whole heart.

Blessings,
Hannah

5 comments:

  1. I just love this post! But the verse's in my bible are different from yours though! I still like it(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kayleigh! I use the ESV (English Standard Version) for basically everything. It is a fabulous version, which translates the text very closely from the original Hebrew and Greek.

      Hannah

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I would always read those verses (of course the verses I read are worded differently) , but I know those verses. What a good reminder, Hannah.

    Jose Fuerte

    I had to many errors on the last one so I did it again, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it, Jose. My comment still stands: thank you!

      Hannah

      Delete