Saturday, June 30, 2012

...And We're Back!!

My sincerest apologies for our recent absence. We have both been busy and life is keeping us on our toes! We will try to do our best to give you a post every day throughout the summer, but please give us grace for the times that we miss.

I have some exciting news! I took my driving test this morning and...I passed!!! So I now have my license. =) Yes, I will be seventeen soon and got my license way after a lot of my friends, but I am just happy to finally have it. =) The driving test examiner was so nice and I managed to miss the thunderstorms. Esther, don't worry. When you go to take your test at some point, you will do absolutely great!

----------------
So, I am starting a Bible study for incoming 6th grade girls on Monday. I was at Walmart today and was buying several journals for the girls. The lady at the check-out made a comment about how I would be doing a lot of journaling soon. I explained the purpose for my purchase and she was quite pleasantly surprised at my answer. She called as I was leaving, "This is a good thing that you are doing. They need guidance!"

This got me to thinking. Yes, they need guidance. We all know how miserable middle school can be. However, they aren't the only ones that need guidance - We, I, need it too. Can you imagine what would happen if we had no one to look up to, no one to ask questions, no one to work things through with? What would happen to us? I have found that I grow the most when I am being held accountable, when specific people are speaking into my life about specific people. Others see what we cannot because we are blinded by our own perspective. People can see things in us that we cannot see in ourselves because we are biased in our view. Perhaps we don't notice how often we get upset, or how quickly we tell a white lie. We need to have people in our lives that we can trust to pull us aside and say, "Hey, I think that you need to work on this." We need the counsel of wise people. Notice that I didn't just say "people", but rather "wise people." That is an important distinguishing factor.

"The simple believes everything,
but the prudent gives thought to his steps."
~ Proverbs 14:15

"Without counsel plans fail,
but with many advisers they succeed."
~ Proverbs 12:22

"A man of many companions may come to ruin,
but there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother."
~ Proverbs 18:24

If we listen to the words of the world, we will likely make some of the stupidest decisions ever. However, if we listen to godly, wise counsel, we will be much more likely to make wise decisions ourselves. We need people to speak into our lives. 

----------------
Do you all ever have days when you just feel out of it? As in just way out of your normal attitude and personality. However, life has just been a bit different lately and I think that it is affecting me in strange ways. =P Although, you never know, it could be just the strange music I'm listening to at the moment, like this and that

Blessings,
Hannah

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting your license, Hannah! It's awesome that you are starting a bible study. Have fun with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm super excited - about both things! I certainly plan to have fun with it. =)

      Hannah

      Delete
  2. Hannah,

    Congratulations! I can just imagine you driving off into the sunset in your convertable. Me? I'm afraid I will have to wait a little longer to get my liscense! Thanks for the good luck though!

    Oooh, the bible study sounds exciting. Good luck!

    Esther

    ReplyDelete