Monday, June 11, 2012

The Curve Ball

Now, from the title of this post, I'm sure that some of you are thinking that I'm a baseball fan. Let's get one things straight: I'm not. This post has nothing to do with baseball, and for those of you who got your hopes up, I'm sorry.

Life is crazy. Have you ever had one of those weeks when you thought that everything was going to calm down and then, BAM!!! Life throws you a curve. That's how this week has been for me. I just got back from Texas and expected to have things calm down a bit and to just be able to relax for a few days. So not happening. There are errands to run, people to drive places, packing for a weekend retreat, and a million other things. All on top of the fact that my grandma is not feeling well and is currently in the hospital (I say this only out of asking you to pray for her and my family). Now my family is rushing every which way; our phone has been ringing way more than it ever should, and I have no idea what to do. Life has thrown me a curve. I think that many people decide to blame such a thing on "fate" or "destiny" or even "luck". I really don't like the use of these words. Why? Because these words completely take God and His divine will and plan out of the picture. By saying that "luck" fell this way or that, you are saying that God does not exercise control over this world. That's why I cringe at the words "Good luck!" Today, my eyes have really been opened to something: God can work good out of horrible situations. I've known this is my life, personally, for a long time, but I am reminded of it today. My dad had no one show up for his training this morning, which allowed him to cancel it for the week, which meant that he could get other work done. Because he doesn't have to work from his office (because the training was canceled), he can go to stay with my grandpa while my grandma is in the hospital. God is good. My cousin, who is a nurse, decided that she didn't want to go into work today (something that never happens), so she closed the office for the day. This allowed her to go to check out my grandma and guide her in the right steps. God is good. Another cousin is going to stay with my grandpa (who is almost ninety-four), until my dad gets there. She didn't have to work today. Again, God is good. Despite the fact that my grandma is not at home, God opened many doors for our family to be able to step in and help. Talk about a blessing!

I encourage you to look at your life today and see how God is working in the difficult situations. Trust me, He is working. He can, and does, bring good from bad situations, and peace from pain. Trust in Him, and don't leave your future to "fate" as so many do. Look for the blessings in your own struggles, and know that they will not last forever.

Blessings,
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you have been pretty busy lately, Hannah. I hope you get a break soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zach. Life is a bit crazy right now. But as I often say, I'd rather be busy than bored - at least most of the time. =)

      Hannah

      Delete