Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Illogical Justification called "Busyness"

Well, I don't know about you all, but my life is insane. It seems like I always have a million things to do. Between school, college planning, appointments, work, an internship, spending time with family and friends, planning a huge youth group garage sale, church, and everything else in life, it seems like I don't have time to just stop and think. Phew! I'm tired just listing everything that is going on in my life. If you're like me, then you always have something to do, some place to go, or someone to see. While I like being busy (I detest boredom and laziness), sometimes it can be overwhelming.

In Psalms, it says, "Be still and know that I am God." (46:10) Sometimes it feels like I barely have time to just stop and rest, let alone taking the time to spend in silence with God. Sure, I do my devotions every morning before I start my day, but I can't live on just that. I simply can't make it through life relying on 7:00AM "meetings" with God. I need so much more. I NEED to take the time to stop and spend with Christ, my Savior, throughout the day - not just in the morning. I think that it is really funny when people say that they are trying to "make time for God". I mean seriously?? The God of the universe cares for you and loves you beyond description, and you have to schedule Him into your day in order to take any time to spend with Him? Here's a video to help explain what I mean:



See what I mean? (By the way, I love Blimey Cow videos, like the one above, so you will probably see some more in the future - providing that you all like them as well...?) Why in the world do we think that thirty minutes in the morning is good enough? Where did that even come from? I don't know about you, but I think that we need to figure out our priorities. While I do read my Bible every day for around thirty minutes, I'm not content with being a "super-Christian", as is termed in the video. I'm not a super-Christian by any means. It's easy for quiet time to become routine; so I challenge you to step out of your routine and spend time with God because it is a PRIVILEGE not an obligation. These are my views on the subject, but what do you all think? Do you think that we are just fine as we are because life is busy? Or do you think that we need to live for more than thirty minutes per day with our Savior? 

I thought that this saying was funny, and entirely true. 

Blessings,
Hannah

P.S. I know that you all were waiting anxiously for the second half to Esther's post, so I apologize that you must wait another day for it. I hope that this post is sufficient enough to tide you over. =)

3 comments:

  1. Great comment. I totally agree. It always seems like everyone takes time to spend with God around their busy schedules. In reality we should be making our schedules around our time with God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree. If we actually lived purposefully and passionately, ardently following Christ with every breath that we take, then I believe that we would make a huge impact upon the world. Our priorities are so messed up; imagine what our lives would be like if we were purposeful about constant communication with Christ!

      ~Hannah

      Delete
  2. I really like this post. It makes you stop and think about what you are doing with your life. God Bless you all!

    ~Kayleigh~

    ReplyDelete