Saturday, May 5, 2012

Hello Everyone! My name is Hannah, and I am a sixteen year-old who loves life! My friend, Esther, and I decided to start this blog out of a mutual love for writing and the concept of blogging. It is a collection of our thoughts and experiences which we wish to share with the world. We hope that our experiences in life will inspire you to live fully and passionately, making the most of each moment of every day. 

Jesus. World travel. Random quotes. Elephants. Best friends. Memories. Japanese Cherry Trees. Reading. Pride and Prejudice. My Bible. Sunglasses. Old lanterns. The Chronicles of Narnia. Keys. Baking. Playing guitar. Foreign stamps. Counseling. Ethiopia. Big, white farmhouses. Chocolate. Blowing bubbles. Making cards. Starfish. Italy. Organizing. Journaling. Blogs. Family. Gentle breezes. The smell of rain. Dancing. Laughter. Sleepovers. “Noodle”. Taking pictures. Soccer. Mission trips. Spanish. Dreaming. The beach. Footprints. Music. Dancing in the rain. Prayer. Little kids. Innocence. Baby polar bears. Writing. Discovering something new. Long letters. Gazebos. Walks by the lake. Smiles. Flip-flops. Skittles. Movies at midnight. Psychology. Rhythm. African landscape. Growth. The sound of birds chirping. Glass. International cultures. The color yellow. Walking barefoot. Sisters. Sunshine. Listening to Italian music. Making international foods. Shopping. Calligraphy. World maps. Moments of solitude.

Each of these things is a part of me. Every one describes a facet of my character and personality. I love life and I long to make a difference in the world. I plan on going to college next year to become a counselor for rescued victims of human trafficking. I have big dreams, but I serve a big God who specializes in doing what is impossible to man alone. There is a Hawaiian proverb which states, “A man goes out on the beach and sees that it is covered with starfish that have washed up in the tide. A little boy is walking along, picking them up and throwing them back into the water. ‘What are you doing, son?’ the man asks. ‘You see how many starfish there are? You’ll never make a difference.’ The boy paused thoughtfully, and picked up another starfish and threw it into the ocean, ‘It sure made a difference to that one,’ he said.” I can’t reach everyone, but I can try to make a difference to someone. I find happiness in the small things in life, and I treasure memories and experiences more than most other things. I love to dream, and I have seen the amazing things that can be accomplished because of dreams. I am on a journey called “life”, and I am determined to make the most of each moment.

“Everyone has oceans to fly, as long as they have the heart to do it. Is it reckless? Maybe, but what do dreams know of boundaries?”
 ~ Amelia Earhart


 

8 comments:

  1. Oh Hannah, you are so much more philosophical than me. I feel ashamed. Great intro post, though!

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you, Hannah!

    My name is Zach, I'm a friend of Esther's.Great intro, I especially like the Hawaiian proverb about the little boy and the starfish. Thanks for sharing that. :)

    I look forward to following this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful to meet you as well! I agree, Zach, that the Hawaiian proverb is awesome. I can across it about a year ago and was like "This is brilliant!"

      ~Hannah

      Delete
  3. Nice job on the blog Hannah and Esther! Keep it up! @ Esther Final Fantasy is awesome!

    Jose Fuerte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jose, thanks for checking out our blog! I hope that you will visit us often! =)

      ~Hannah

      Delete
    2. I will, that's a promise!

      Jose Fuerte

      Delete
  4. Hello there, Hannah.

    I liked your post. I thought you introduced yourself nicely. I notice we share some common interests because you have included some of my favorite words:

    Skittles, dancing in the rain, glass, and above all else "Noodle".

    I'm looking forward to see what you will post next with your philosophical mind. Perhaps some new words and maybe you will get some of my other favorites. (Hint: catfish noodling)


    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, it is lovely to meet you! I do love common interests...While I highly doubt that "Noodle" means what you think it does (what it means to me is highly unusual and quite confidential), it is such a fun word. "Catfish noodling"...well, I will try to include that in a future post if you tell me what it means, as I haven't the faintest idea. However, if you care to share the information, then I will be enlightened and will likely include it - if for nothing else other than the reason of my curiosity. =)

      Dancing in the rain is wonderful, isn't it? There is just something about it that is...I can't put it into words, but it is a feeling that will you know if you have done it.

      Delete