Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Beauty of Dance


As you may have noticed in my introduction (see the first ever blog post!), I love dancing. It's on the list of words like two or three times. I'm not a gifted dancer or anything. I took some ballet and tap dance lessons when I was about seven, and I have some good friends who are AMAZING dancers that have taught me some steps and moves. Despite the fact that I am not amazing at it, I love to do. Dance is a beautiful, rhythmic art. It is free, flowing and graceful. To dance in the rain is an especially wonderful thing. If you have not done it before, you should. It is refreshing, peaceful, romantic, and inspiring. Here are some of my favorite photographs of dancing: 



Isn't this beautifully graceful?
I totally want to do this someday =)
Who doesn't love Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers?

These photos have such a dramatic effect
Sometimes, a little fun is needed to brighten the day
Isn't this delightfully romantic?
Let's just say that I want to this someday too. =)
Some people dance in order to avoid the treadmill; some dance for competition; others dance for enjoyment; still others dance for worship. I'm kind of a mix between the latter two categories. I believe that dance can be a form of worship to our King. I'll close for today by leaving you a video. This song is beautiful, and I especially love the chorus: "For You, I sing, I dance...." Dance is part of worship for many people, and it can be used to glorify God. 




Blessings,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Hannah,

    I'm perfectly awful at dancing, but I think it is such a beautiful art form. And those pictures are top notch, too.

    Esther

    ReplyDelete