Sunday, July 15, 2012

I'm Back!!

Hello my dear friends. Did you miss me? I'm sure that you did (just kidding!). =) Esther was gracious enough to fill in for me so much. She did a fabulous job, as always! Now, I'm sure that you all were wondering were I was for five whole days last week. In answer to that question, I was at Bible Memory Camp, something that I have gone to since sixth grade. It is a Bible camp for 2nd-12th grade, and it is run absolutely fabulously! There are several camps across the mid-west, but everyone agrees that Indiana High School Camp is by far the best. The people are amazing, and I love them all dearly. Allow me to introduce you to some of them:


Kaylin and I

Kyla and I - she happens to be Kaylin's older sister

Kiana and I - we have been friends for years. Such a precious young lady!

Courtney and I - she was one of my counselors for the week.
It was such a blessing to get to know her!!

Dawn and I - this girl is amazing. She has a passion for worship
and is just all-around a fun person to be around. =)

Becca and I - we have never been really close, but she is a good friend.
You can see Aaron (the guy in the sunglasses) trying to edge into the picture.

Ryan (worship leader) and Aaron (counselor) goofing off before banquet night.
No, they do not dress like that all the time. 

Jailyn and Tarrin - both awesome, totally sweet sophomore guys.
Ladies, you wish that you knew them!

Raina, myself, and Riley, with Micah sneaking into the picture

Senior Guys:
Back Row: Tristan, Matt, Josh,
Front Row: Caleb, Cody, Scott, Nathaniel, David, Jalan, Zach (counselor), Laban, and Austin

Senior Ladies:
Back Row: Keli (counselor,) Melissa, someone that I don't know, Rachel, Emily, and Kelsey (counselor)
Front Row: Chelsea, Kiana, Susanna, Sylvia, Megan, Becca, and Bridget

Junior Guys:
Back Row: Aaron (sophomore counselor), Joe (senior counselor), Ryan (worship leader), and Kevin (junior counselor)
Middle Row: Kiel (pronounced 'Kyle'), Nate, Kyle, somebody-I-don't-know, Nic, another-guy-I-don't-know, and Brett
Front Row: Cody, Tyler, Jeremy, Dylan, Cameron, Adam, Caleb, and Austin

Junior Ladies:
Back Row: Aaron, Joe, Stephanie (junior counselor), Ryan, and Kelsey
Front Row: Monica, myself, Kyla, Michelle, Raina, Dawn, Riley, Courtney (counselor), and Kayla

Kelsey and I - this girl is awesome!

Michelle and I

Sophomore Guys:
Back Row: Donny (sophomore counselor), Aaron, Joe, Jailyn, and Ryan
Middle Row: three-guys-that-I-don't-know, Corey, Micah, Josh, Lain, and Alex
Front Row: someone-I-don't know, Travis, Chase, Tarrin, Davy, mystery person, Reggie, another mystery person

Sophomore Ladies:
Back Row: Kaylee (sophomore counselor), Kelly (sophomore counselor), Aaron, Joe, Ryan, Kerri (sophomore counselor), and Kaylin
Middle Row: Erin, Morgan, Liz, mystery person, Alexa, Casey, Danae, and Maggie
Front Row: Cora, Bayleigh, Andrea, Kayla, two mystery people, Kathy, Lydia, and Jeanie

Freshman Guys:
Back Row: Josiah, Rico, Aaron, Joe, Ryan, Brent (freshman counselor), and Gabe (freshman counselor)
Middle Row: mystery man, Lance, mystery guy, Seth, Trevor, mystery guy, Keegan, and Logan
Front Row: three mystery guys, Tristan, mystery guy, Josh

Freshman Ladies:
Back Row: Brocia (freshman counselor), Kandace (freshman counselor), Alexis, Ryan, Joe, Aaron, Andrea, Janelle, Olivia, and Jamie
Middle Row: Tina (freshman counselor), Kaylin, Christa, Breanna, Hannah, Lanae, Hannah, Kayla, and Jacqueline,
Front Row: Katheryn, Rachel, Jessica, Brooklyn, Emily, Lacey, Steph, Anna, Jenny, Brook, and Jennifer

Corey, Riley, Michelle, Raina, Tarrin, and Kevin

Staff Photo:
Back Row: Kandace, Brocia, Kaylee, Aaron, Joe, JB (camp director), Ryan (worship leader), Joy, Gary (speaker), and Zach
Middle Row: Tina, Keli, Courtney, Kelly, Kerri, Steph, Tiffany, and Brent
Donny, Gabe, Kevin, Kelsey, Karla (nurse, and JB's wife), Janice (speaker), and Joe (speaker and Janice's husband)

Cody and I - one of my best friends from camp

Scott and I - although we had never met before this week, we quickly became very close friends,
and I miss him quite a lot. Despite the fact that he doesn't appear it, he is 10 inches taller than me
(he just chose to scrunch down for this picture).
Well, now you have had the chance to meet some of the people that I spent my week with. I miss them all dearly. Let me just share a few words to describe the week: worship. prayer. surrender. friends. team games. competition. midnight bowling. duck tape hula skirts (don't ask). pictures. campfire. food. sleeping (naptime!). speakers. tourneys. memories. change. craziness. experience. heat. skits. the presence of the Holy Spirit. singing. sweating. dancing. insanity.

I wouldn't have traded this week for anything. As I left home to drive the hour and forty-five minutes to the camp, I wasn't very excited. Little did I know that God would wreck my world during this week (a good thing!) or the amazing friendships with people that I made and will never forget. It was life-changing. 

Blessings,
Hannah

P.S. I will include a picture of my bowling team (midnight bowling is always a Thursday night tradition at high school camp) as well as some other pictures once I get them from a friend. 

4 comments:

  1. Hannah,

    That looks like so much fun! All of your friends seem so nice. I'm glad you had a great time. I'm sure you made lot's of memories.

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Esther,

      Fun and memories are never lacking in a group like this! Maybe you would like to see a video of some of the guys, just to show off their personality? Let me know, and I will see what I can do.

      Hannah

      Delete
  2. Welcome back, Hannah! It looked liked a lot of fun. Thanks for showing the picture, looks like you had a fun time.

    Jose Fuerte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jose! Thank you! It was a complete blast! I went into the week somewhat regretting my decision to go, because there was so much that I would be leaving behind for an entire week (horrible prospect, I know), but I would never have traded this week for anything! I made new best friends, and reconnected with others. =) It was an awesome weekend. Thanks for the return-welcome!

      Hannah

      Delete