Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy 50th!!

Okay, so I don't know anybody whose anniversary is today, but this is our 50th blog post! Super exciting, I know. =) So let's celebrate for a moment (you can mute the music if you want to, it is a bit of an older, odd sound).



Now that you have celebrated with us for all of one minute and fifty-five seconds, it's time to keep going with this post. I've decided that, in celebration, I should do a "fun" post. This will probably be a first for me, and I am not entirely sure as to how to go about doing it. I think that I am going to tell you a few rather random things to kick it off. So we will see how this goes....

Did you know that, in England (back in the 1800s), suicide attempts were a crime - one that, if discovered, were punishable by death? To me, this just seems a bit ironic and oxymoron-ish.

In Florida, it is illegal to play Dominoes on Sunday. Just...weird.

You must pay a fine of $600 in Thailand if you’re caught throwing away chewed bubble gum on the sidewalk. Maybe I'm off a bit here, but that just seems really extreme....

It is illegal to die in the Italian village of Falciano del Massico, as issued by the mayor (tongue-in-cheek). I really don't understand how you can determine where someone will die...I just don't get it.

In Switzerland, it is illegal to flush the toilet after 10 PM. Odd. That's all I can say about it.


In Singapore, bungee jumping is illegal. It's gotta be fun right? I've never done it, but it sounds like fun - if you are the adventuresome type. I sure hope that there was a reason behind this other than someone was just bored. 


In the UK, no cows may be driven down the roadway between 10 AM and 7 PM unless there is prior approval from the Commissioner of Police. Are there really that many cows in the UK?

In Cambodia, water guns may not be used in New Year’s celebrations. I mean, come on? Who doesn't love a good water gun fight?

In Australia, it is illegal to roam the streets wearing black clothes, felt shoes and black shoe polish on your face as these items are the tools of a cat burglar. How many cat burglars can there be?


In Indiana, it is illegal to sniff glue. I can understand the reasoning behind this, but it still sounds odd. 


In Wyoming, using a firearm to fish is strictly forbidden. I 'm completely lost on this one. Just...how?


Okay, well, I was just going to kick off this post with these random laws, but I have to go watch some fireworks soon, so I guess that it will end the post as well. If you know the explanation for any of these laws, I would love to hear it. Also, don't worry (for those of you that were), I will be back to my "normal" self next time.


Many laws were found at www.dumblaws.com. Please note that some of these may not still be in effect.

Blessings,
Hannah

P.S. My friend asked me to guest post over at her blog. The post that she asked me to do was the same post that I most recently wrote: To Surrender a Precious Dream. Her heart is very similar to mine in regards to this issue, and she wanted it to help her kick off her blog, as the message of the post is really the heart behind her blog. She is quite new to the blogging community, and would love for you to stop by and say "hello!"




1 comment:

  1. Hannah,

    What a fun post! I love silly laws. My personal favorite will always be the law in Idaho that makes it illegal to fish while on a giraffe's back. Happy Fourth of July!

    Esther

    ReplyDelete