Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Collection of Quotes

Today I feel like sharing some quotes with you. These are by no means all of my favorites, nor do all of them make my 'favorites list'. However, I wish to share them with you. Mull them over, tear them apart, and learn from them. Let the words speak to you. 

"By three methods we learn wisdom:
First, by reflection, which is noblest;
Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
Third, by experience, which is the bitterest."
Confucius

"For all sad words of tongue or pen,
the saddest are these:
it might have been."
~ John Greenleaf Whittier


"Ever has it been that love
knows not its own depth
until the hour of separation."
~ Kahil Gibran



"When a woman, 
who has much to say,
says nothing,
her silence can be deafening."
~ Anna and the King

"Never argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level
and then beat you with experience." 
~ Alan Zimmerman

"It is easier to resist
at the beginning that at the end."
~ Anon

"It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe,
with one trifling exception
is composed of others."
~ Andrew J. Holmes

"If you love someone, 
let them go.
If they return,
they are yours,
if they don't,
they never were."
~ Seagull

"Love without clinging,
cry if you must,
but privately cry,
the heart will adjust."
~ Ruth Bell Graham



What is your favorite quote? It doesn't have to be one of the mere few that I listed above. Also, remember to Follow us if you have not already done so, and to comment - both make our day! =)

Blessings,
Hannah

3 comments:

  1. Hannah,

    I love quotes! A good quote is a little piece of inspiration that you can remember forever. I have lots of quotes that I like, but I don't save them so I don't remember them.

    My favorite one on your list is the one by Whittier -- it gave me goosebumps.

    I remember a quote from Sylvia Plath. It's "If you expect nothing from anybody, you won't be disappointed." I'm kind of fond of that one.

    Thanks for the read.

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Tell people there’s an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."

    -George Carlin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post, Hannah! I've always thought quotes were awesome, sadly I can never remember them.

    "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

    - George Eliot

    ReplyDelete