Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Rambling in 'Mercurial Ramblings'

Back when we started this blog, Esther said that in her previous blogging experience, the main problem was coming up with things to talk about. Then, I thought to myself "that will never happen to me." Well, it did. Yes, there are a million and one things that I could share with you about things that I am learning, things happening in my life, what God is doing in me, etc., etc., etc. However, I am honestly not sure if those things are interesting enough for you to read that I should even take the time to write them out. In addition, tonight I am in a rambling mood. However, don't worry; I should be back to my normal self soon. =)


Anyways....


So, last night I watched Michael Phelps become the most decorated Olympian in history. I was super excited! Yes, I realize that social media is all over this subject, even hitting up to 37,000 Tweets per minute (yes, you read that correctly). What do you think? In your opinion, who is the best Olympian in history? I personally don't care who you answer, because I have seen many amazing athletes perform, and even more have done so before my time. However, I also want you (Americans particularly) to be respectful in your answers because almost 20% (on average) of our viewers are from somewhere other than the United States. 


Going to the fact that we have such a large number of international viewers...that makes me super excited!! I love people who aren't from the U.S. In all honesty, I would often rather be somewhere other than the United States, but, alas, it is not time for me to do that. =(


A group of seven friends and I (the internship that I may or may not have told you about in a previous post...) are planning a middle school retreat for this weekend. As far as I know, there are twenty-one people coming for sure. That may not seem like many to you, but coming from a town in which the average graduating class is fifty, it's a lot. I am SO excited about it!! We all are actually! I will be sure to let you all know how it went sometime after it is over. 


I'm craving chocolate right now. It sounds really, really good. Unfortunately, I don't have any. =( Earlier today I saw a recipe in Woman's Day for vanilla ice cream with grilled nectarines and raspberry sauce. It looked amazing. It looked something like this:



Nectarines make me think of peaches, which are one of my favorite fruits. I had one for lunch. It was super yummy! Speaking of peaches, have you heard the song Georgia Peaches by Lauren Alaina? If you haven't you really should, so I am posting it here - just for you. However, if you have already heard it, you should hear it again.

Isn't it good? I like country music...There are so many good country songs out there. If you like country music, who is your favorite artist? I really like Scotty McCreery, Josh Turner, Carrie Underwood (have you heard her song Good Girl?? It's so good.), Lauren Alaina, Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Eric Church (love his song Springsteen!! Well, "love" is a very strong word, but I really, really like it!) Rascall Flatts...man, there are so many good artists and groups out there. Of course, there are also some really bad ones...have you ever noticed that the most catchy songs are the worst ones to listen too? Take Whistle by Flo Rida for example. It is a catching song and I find myself singing it way to often, but it is not a good song at all. I mean, just read the lyrics! Actually don't. Just avoid the song altogether. 

Well, I need to go do some things before I head off to bed, so I will talk to you all later. Oh, and I would like some feedback on the ramblings post...It is so completely different from what I normally post that I want to know what you think of it. So please leave a comment below!

Blessings,
Hannah

4 comments:

  1. That was a good post,Hannah. What a way to talk about your interests. I too have been watching the Olympics, I just started watching them but, I will say that Phelps is good. But, I probably wouldn't say he is the best olympian, to me, the best olympian would be the person who at least gets a medal on several events other then swimming, unfortunately, I don't know anyone like that. You know, I always thought peaches and nectarines look alike too. Peaches are my favorites as well along side with banana. I don't really listen to country music, I mainly listen to instrumental. Again, what a way to talk about you interests and likes. Good post,Hannah.

    JoseFuerte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jose,

      Thank you!! I think that you might have won the prize (recognition!!) for the longest comment on our blog. I love it!! =) Phelps is good, and he doesn't have a super big ego like so many athletes - that alone makes me like him. Oh, bananas are super yummy too! I like instrumental music as well, especially when I am trying to fall asleep lol.

      Thanks again, Jose, for such a wonderful comment!
      Hannah

      Delete
    2. Firstly, I must say that I am jealous that Jose did not bestow a giant comment on one of MY posts. Bad Jose! But I still adore your patronage.

      In other words, I really liked this post. I enjoy stream of consciousness posts and I thought yours was very interesting. I'm afraid I don't like Michael Phelps...His personality doesn't seem very good to me. Same goes for Ryan Lochte. Did you watch America when we took gold in gymnastics? So exciting.

      Esther

      Delete
    3. Esther,

      Haha don't scold him!! He was generous enough to oblige me with such a wonderful comment that I don't believe that he should receive any condemnation for it. lol.

      Thanks, girl! I'm not a fan of Ryan Lochte. His ego just seems too...large. That bothers me (see my response to Jose). Yes, I did!! That was awesome! The U.S. won the women's gymnastic team final for only the second time in Olympic history - the first being in Atlanta (1996) by the 'Magnificent Seven'. I was so excited! =)

      Hannah

      Delete