Monday, August 6, 2012

In the Midst of Pure Insanity

Well Everyone, life is crazy. Though, that is pretty much how it is all the time for most people. I went to work this morning at 4am. I had the 4am-9am shift today at the Bakery. Honestly, it is a bit boring, but I love the people with which I work. They are all amazing. The 'Regulars" are so funny. There are about four to seven men that come in every morning to have coffee and talk. They all have a specific order that they get every time. I believe that I am working thirteen days this month, including one double shift. 

Now, why am I telling you all this? I have no idea. School starts in one week - exactly. It is so hard to believe that Senior year is here! I'm excited. =) I reason that I should be getting back into a normal pace with blogging and such. I am trying to get back into routine - if there ever was one. So I was trying to decide what I want to share with you today, and had a little trouble deciding, but here is what I came up with for today.

Yesterday, as I was doing my devotions, I just kept singing the phrase "I sing to glorify the King who gave His life." I have no idea where this came from, other than that it must be from the Lord. I soon was led to two verses that led me along the same path.

"And I will be to her a wall of fire all around, 
declares the Lord,
and I will be the glory in her midst."
~ Zechariah 2:5

"Sing and rejoice,
O daughter of Zion,
I came and I will dwell in your midst,
declares the Lord."
~ Zechariah 2:10

Even in the midst of my busy life, I still must make time to sing to my King. He alone is worthy of my praise. In the Bible, it says that if we do not praise Him the rocks and mountains will cry out. Yes, I need God when everything is crumbling around me, but how much more do I need Him when the world seems to be perfect (figuratively speaking)! It is then that my focus comes off on Him and onto worldly things. It is then that I need Him to be my constant guide, my Rock and my source of all true wisdom. 

Blessings,
Hannah

3 comments:

  1. Hannah,

    Everything is crazy, what would you usually do at the bakery? If you happen to make pastries in the bakery, you should post some picture, I would like to see some of the dessert you make (if you make any). It is crazy, we are finally seniors this year! Our last year until college and graduation! I'll see you next we at INCA, Hannah!

    Jose Fuerte

    P.S. Make sure you get some rest and enjoy your last week of break, don't wear yourself out :D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jose,

      I work the front counter at the Bakery, which means that I am cashier and serve the food (wraps, paninis, donuts, muffins, and pastries). I don't bake the pastries, but I could probably get you some pictures if you want. =) I make lots of things at home, but not for the Bakery.

      I know! It's crazy! "See" you on Monday!

      Hannah

      Delete
  2. Wow, 4am to 9am would be a killer shift! I'm not sure I'd ever be able to do it. The earliest I've ever been at work was 10:00, ha!

    Enjoy the remainder of your break, Hannah! Don't work too hard.

    PS. I'd also like to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete