Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Four C's of Friendship

My friends, I am so sorry for leaving you for so long. Between my new work schedule, school, and different places that I have to go, my life is very busy. I am trying to continue to make time for all of you wonderful people. Esther, you are fabulous. Isn't she fabulous, everyone? You all should let her know how fabulous she is. She is pulling so much weight for this blog right now.

So, friendship. We all have friends. At least, we all should. If you don't, go out an make a friend. You need one. 

 Cupcakes and Coffee: I know, I'm combining the first two "C's". The gist of this one, is that we all need time with our friends. We need common ground to start off a friendship. Almost everyone likes cupcakes, and many people like coffee too. Here are some cupcakes that I made the other day: 













I didn't make this, but since it goes along with the 'C'.... =)
So, there you see some of my baking and decorating skills. Jose and Zach, yes, I still plan to get pictures for you at the Bakery. You might have to wait until early next week though..

Anyways, back to coffee and cupcakes...We need to build relationships on common ground. I know what you are thinking: "But Hannah, they always say that opposites attract. Are you really disagreeing with this??" Yes, in a way, I am. Studies have proven that while opposites may attract for a short time, you are more apt to want to spend time long-term with someone that you can easily relate to. Also, coffee and cupcakes are just fun. Every friendship needs fun. Incorporate life into your friendship, and you will both enjoy it much more - or so I have found. You don't have to like coffee and cupcakes for this to be true. You can change this to orange juice and donuts if you want. The point is that you need somewhere to start.

Conversation: If you don't talk, you won't get anywhere. I'm sorry, but that's the truth of it. People can only talk with their eyes for so long. Conversation is what develops a friendship. It helps you to grow closer together. For example, my best friend and I know a lot (emphasis on "a lot") about each other because we have talked to each other almost every day for the last however many months. We take time for each other, and that deepens the friendship. Also, conversation shows that you care. If you take the time to have a meaningful conversation with someone, they will appreciate it. People do not do that near enough in our day-and-age...

Christ: Every relationship that you have throughout your entire life should have Christ incorporated in it, as the very center. Trust me when I say that things will go much, much better in the friendship (or marriage, even) if Christ is the center. We need friendships to encourage one another. In the New Testament, Paul talks about so many "one anothers" (Love one another, encourage one another, etc.) Ephesians 4:32 is one example of this. The point is, if we do not have anyone in our lives to hold us accountable, pray for and with us, encourage us, pick us up when we are down, we will miss out on something incredible. God has made us for relationship. We are designed to be in communion with one another. We need each other to live. It is vital. Even monks and nuns live in monasteries and convents. Think about it. Where would you be without your friends?

Blessings,
Hannah

P.S. Listen to this song =) It's cute, and quite fitting with this post.






6 comments:

  1. Hannah,

    YOU are fabulous! I ate this post up. (And I totally wish I could eat those cupcakes up, too) You have so many excellent points, here. I have been trying to increase the "conversation" aspect of my friendships, so your little blurb on that really appealed to me.

    Thanks for all of your hard work.

    And please, give me cooking lessons.

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Esther,

      Oh thank you! =) That makes me happy.

      No, thank you for all of your hard work.

      Haha, if we ever get together, I would totally give you cooking/baking lessons lol. I love to do both. =)

      Hannah

      Delete
  2. Awesome post, Hannah. Are you planning on sharing with me :)? They look delicious. How long have you baked and cooked? I completely agree with you with all the points(except the coffee, I don't like coffee). I too am trying to work on the conversation. Again, awesome post,Hannah. Have a great day!

    Jose Fuerte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jose! I am planning to share some pictures from the Bakery with you. =) Haha, that's okay. I told you that you could change it to OJ instead of coffee..make it milk or whatever, if you want. Oh my, let's see...my Mom started teaching me when I was young..I have been baking and cooking on my own (without help) for probably eight or nine years...something like that.

      Have a great day as well!
      Hannah

      Delete
  3. Fantastic post, as always, Hannah! Reading your posts always bring a smile to my face. :) Those cupcakes look pretty delicious. I can cook and bake, but I've never been good with icing... I know that sounds weird, but it's true. What is your favorite food to cook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zach! Oh, that makes me happy! =) Haha thanks. It doesn't sound weird, icing is difficult. I took cake decorating in 4-H for two years back in middle school, so I learned how to do the basics. =) It isn't hard once you learn to do it right! Oh dear, now that's a hard one...I really like to bake brownies, cookies, and cupcakes, as well as breads and cinnamon rolls...However, you asked about cooking...I like to make homemade lasagna, minestrone soup (totally not from a can), zesty oregano chicken (a Greek dish), as well as many other international foods...I'm big on international culture, in case you haven't figured that one out yet. =)

      Hannah

      Delete