Saturday, June 2, 2012

I dream a dream . . . of dreams

I'm quite positive that the last thing anyone wants to talk about with anyone else are dreams, religion, and politics. I avoid discussing the latter two because the majority of people are quite fond of bigotry and talking about their opinions for a long, long, long (Read: long, long, long) time.

Still, I don't mind talking about my dreams to people who care. Some of my dreams are actually kind of awesome, fueled by my punishing imagination and anime-watching habits. (I'm looking at YOU, Blue Exorcist)

So here was a dream I had last week.

Here is a dream I had last week.

There was a group of archaeologists, Kyo, Kevin, Marks, and Liliana, on a search for a mystical ruin rumored not to even exist at all. As they were exploring an old building for some artifact, Kyo accidentally sat down on a button. The button opened a door, and the group went through it and found themselves walking down a stone staircase. At the bottom, they saw a magical ruin that looked just like the one they had been told about.

Kyo saw a crystal.

"Oh look, a crystal!" he said.

"Don't touch it!" Kevin shouted.

Kyo touched it.

The world around them began to shake and the air rippled like water. A shock wave came from the crystal, knocking them all back and rendering them unconscious.

Liliana and Kyo woke up and found themselves in the ruin, but the crystal was gone and everything looked . . . changed. They saw a person walking around in fancy and old-looking clothes and asked where they were. When the person answered, L and K realized that they were 500 years in the past.

Meanwhile, Kevin and Marks woke up to find themselves in the ruin, but completely surrounded by desert. There was no life to be seen. They walked through the sands and almost died running into a strange shadow creature. A nomad rescued them and said that a strange energy had been released, causing horrible creatures to walk the earth and causing the earth to turn to dust (kind of like my novel. Direct influence, yes). Kevin and Marks were 500 years in the future.

Later, the two groups realized that they could get in contact with each other through strange warps in time, probably caused by crystal explosion. Together, they work with the time line in order to restore the world back to normal, while also trying to get back to their own time period. (FF XIII-2, I'm sure) 

It was actually pretty cool. Kyo fell in love with Liliana, Kevin and Marks became very good at riding camels, and Kyo died his hair red and got some strange accent.

----

I love it when my dreams have plot. This was one of my better ones. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this filler post. I will come up with something much better when I'm not dying of writer's block.

*Throws squid*

Electrocute!

*squid shoots electricity from tentacles*

Now, pose!
*squid poses, with fireworks exploding in background*

Booyah.

May all of your squids be as cool as mine,

Esther

2 comments:

  1. Dreams... hehe

    I love hearing about your dreams, Esther! Thanks for posting about it, you should share more of them. :)

    ReplyDelete